Do you caulk or grout between tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckys19

I was wondering if others use aquarium silicone to caulk, or use regular grout in between tiles, or just leave the gap unsealed?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's up to you.

If you grout or seal the cracks, you prevent things from getting in the cracks and under the tile, but you can't remove the tiles.

If you don't, things will get in the cracks but you can remove the tiles if you want to clean them and under them.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would leave the gap unsealed so you can pull tiles to clean --- many have grouted etc and regretted doing it because they then can not pull them to clean -- I use a thick shop paper towel under my tiles to catch the urate that runs down in between - I pull the tile clean it w/ vinegar/ water 50 50 in a spray bottle and replace the paper towel that is wet --- here is a pic of one of dragons tank
Karrie
97951-646706946.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom