shelf liner - is this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaDragon

hi,

i want to use tile later on, but when i bring home my Beardie in a couple of weeks he will still be a baby so for the time being i will be using paper towels but i thought i might also get some shelf liner too.

i know it needs to be non-adhesive, but i'm a little confused over all the other things in the descriptions, what they mean and whether things could be harmful.

i like these ones i found on amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drawer-Liner-Fridge-Liners-Antibacterial/dp/B07TM943SF/ref=sr_1_20?crid=1SY2OAGB7B84P&keywords=shelf+liner&qid=1575492675&s=kitchen&sprefix=shelf+%2Ckitchen%2C139&sr=1-20

would this be suitable to use?

thank you for your help,
RD

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldnt use it personally.

It's made of EVA which does better in cold than heat. Hence why it's being marketed for use in a fridge. Depending on its composition, it very well might get sticky and tacky on the hot end. It also would be really rubbery and grippy. I'd say keep looking to be honest.

-Brandon

RastaDragon

Original Poster
thanks for the replies!

i figured something like a shelf liner would be pretty straightforward to get - but when i started looking even that was confusing me :D

i think for the time being i shall use paper towel and get some nice tiles to put in a little later on.

thanks again for the input :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Paper towel or butcher paper or newspaper work well too. They just don't look as nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom