New owner - is my enclosure ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeth

Hi all,

Been reading through forum posts for the past couple of months since deciding to get a baby beardie. Now its about two weeks until the little ones will be old enough for the breeder to air freight them, I thought it might be a good idea to make sure everything is shipshape enclosure wise.
full

The uv light is a zoomed t5 HO 10.0 bulb (It is the full length of the tank, but I have some lino providing a block for about half the light). The basking light is a 60W bulb currently, though I do have 40W ones just in case it gets too hot as we get into summer. (Based in Queensland, Australia)

I have a digital probe thermometer/hydrometer in on the basking spot, as well as a infrared thermometer for checking other temperatures.

The tank floor is lino, and I also have a tile down, so hopefully the little ones nails will be kept trimmed.

So I guess my question is, have I got everything in the tank at least decently ready for my new friend, when they arrive?

Many thanks,
Deeth

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Looks really nice - good set up. Well done.
Is that a rope hammock thing - little guys love those - you should string that low so he has places to climb, maybe a hide. But otherwise - looks very comfy.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes it looks good --- since its a T5 you dont want basking spot closer than 12 inches --- they are strong bulbs so if its closer than that you might need to adjust the decor --- is there a hide in the tank -- your little one probably wont use it right away but its nice for them to have --- basking spot should be 105-110 for your baby
Karrie

Deeth

Original Poster
Thanks both of you. The rock in the back right is actually both his basking spot and a hide, so those are both sorted. Definately keeping the distance for the light in mind, though it does have a mesh top, so that does stop some of the uv. The lights positioned towards the front of the tank, so hopefully it's got a little more of a gradient on the big branch structure then it would otherwise be. Thanks muchly for your responses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom