I really want real plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone :) originally I wanted to make Yetis enclosure a live one but I decided it’s much easier to leave her tank the way it is . See I have one for my pet Noodle (a snake)but it’s much harder to keep track if he vomits or what his poop looks like, anyways I digress I’m thinking about leaving flower pots in the enclosure so that I can have real plants. Good idea or bad idea? Has anyone did it this way?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Tasnene":brukuhc9 said:
Good idea or bad idea? Has anyone did it this way?
Con-Sub. As long as you're prepared that in all likelihood, she'll eat and/or totally destroy anything you put in there, and everything is beardie-safe, it's your choice. Be aware that plants can also raise humidity levels.

Yes, we did it this way. We found planters that suit the decor, and all the plants are succulents that'll do well in an arid habitat. We also have multiple replacements for when the inevitable happens.

He likes to climb on the pots & plants, run through them like a playground, and sleep behind/between them. So far, he's only started eating one.

full

full

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":2nvq2ar2 said:
Tasnene":2nvq2ar2 said:
Good idea or bad idea? Has anyone did it this way?
Con-Sub. As long as you're prepared that in all likelihood, she'll eat and/or totally destroy anything you put in there, and everything is beardie-safe, it's your choice. Be aware that plants can also raise humidity levels.

Yes, we did it this way. We found planters that suit the decor, and all the plants are succulents that'll do well in an arid habitat. We also have multiple replacements for when the inevitable happens.

He likes to climb on the pots & plants, run through them like a playground, and sleep behind/between them. So far, he's only started eating one.

full

full

Wow that’s brilliant, it looks beautiful. If you don’t mind me asking , where did you buy the pots ?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Tasnene":2vvygktu said:
Wow that’s brilliant, it looks beautiful. If you don’t mind me asking , where did you buy the pots ?
Thanks! Local--but large--garden store (not a chain). I've also built a few (2nd pic--left side) out of some slate tiles I got at Home Despot.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":3mbgeo32 said:
Tasnene":3mbgeo32 said:
Thanks! Local--but large--garden store (not a chain). I've also built a few (2nd pic--left side) out of some slate tiles I got at Home Despot.

Thank you ..... that really looks great !

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks again! The backsplash only goes up halfway to 2/3. Above that the wall (and ceiling) are painted a flat sky-blue. I'm awaiting a few parts from Amazon to finish the wiring for lights & ventilation--all on timers & thermostats. DW just walked in the door with 2 new timers--gotta run!

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":1lkb9hgc said:
Thanks again! The backsplash only goes up halfway to 2/3. Above that the wall (and ceiling) are painted a flat sky-blue. I'm awaiting a few parts from Amazon to finish the wiring for lights & ventilation--all on timers & thermostats. DW just walked in the door with 2 new timers--gotta run!

Wow , I’m so impressed lol it really looks cool. I just have a glass tank I’m trying to think of ideas. I feel bad that my Noodle has a better looking tank than Yeti. I’m trying to be equal lol, I feel like a live tank would be much harder with Yeti keeping track of her bugs and poop . With Noodle it’s challenging but he’s doing fine. As long as they are both heathy I’m fine.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Tasnene":1fgtgb4b said:
I just have a glass tank I’m trying to think of ideas.
Two words: Google Images (for ideas) :wink:

I've got live plants, but I don't believe bioactive is appropriate for arid/desert reptiles. Tile is much easier. I'm also skeptical that cleaning crews can keep up with Bearded Dragons without still having to spot-clean.

YMMV

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":2g7kbc9t said:
Tasnene":2g7kbc9t said:
I just have a glass tank I’m trying to think of ideas.
Two words: Google Images (for ideas) :wink:

I've got live plants, but I don't believe bioactive is appropriate for arid/desert reptiles. Tile is much easier. I'm also skeptical that cleaning crews can keep up with Bearded Dragons without still having to spot-clean.

YMMV

I think it was you that changed my mind, I’m still keeping it for Noodle cause I feel like he loves it to much. Keeping tract to make sure they are both healthy is a mission and that bioactive tank is challenging . I have to really search Noodles tank to see what’s going on. So I needed up taking your advice and thanks for sharing . I was really dead set on it, did more research. I like the plants with pots idea better.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Hey, my opinions are just that--my opinions. Opinions can differ.
Mine are based on my own research and life experience, as I expect others' are.
Anyone's free to disagree and/or disregard.

Tasnene

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":1mz0iv98 said:
Hey, my opinions are just that--my opinions. Opinions can differ.
Mine are based on my own research and life experience, as I expect others' are.
Anyone's free to disagree and/or disregard.

I just find it hard to keep track of Noodle in his live tank, Yeti is still somewhat new and she was having dried urinate at one point, if she was in a live tank I honestly don’t know if I would have caught that. Noodle was having feeding problems and it was hard for me to catch that cause his vomit blended in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom