travel cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Umm... Could you elucidate what you mean by "travel cage"? Are we talking about a trip of minutes, hours, days...?

Some folks here have used something very similar for taking their beardies outside for fresh air & sunshine.

It may depend on the individual, but for actual traveling, I think I would use something opaque to minimize stressing the BD. That's what various breeders at reptile shows have recommended--basically a ventilated corrugated box lined with paper towel--it's dark enough that the lizard will probably just go to sleep, easy enough to clean, and also provides a modicum of insulation.

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am talking about as a place were I can put my beardie as a temporary cage when I am at my grandmas house, hotel ect. not like a car ride or anything. not one in the car for the traveling.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Moon4wolfgirl":17l5roms said:
I am talking about as a place were I can put my beardie as a temporary cage when I am at my grandmas house, hotel ect. not like a car ride or anything. not one in the car for the traveling.
Ah, OK. Have you considered something like a large plastic (e.g. Sterilite) tub similar to those breeders use at reptile shows? We used a 66 qt. (larger sizes are available) to house our baby dragon until his permanent enclosure was ready for him. They have lids--on or off, depending on predator hazards, you can clamp a basking lamp onto a side (with lid off), lay a UVB across the top (or clamp one on), get opaque or "clear" depending on potential stress inducers. They're lightweight, easy to clean (we put paper towel on the bottom, feeders can't climb out... lots of advantages/flexibility. If you need the top on, just cut/drill/punch a few holes.

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yes, I have one of them. I was just wondering about the pop up play pen because it would be much easier to bring blitz with me for the holidays to my grandmas house because how small the space is there.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I would think the tub would be smaller and more convenient, but that's up to you. I think it'd be harder to control the environment in the pop-up. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom