Plants safe for Viv use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fxybx3

Hello all! I'm trying to encourage my girl to eat more veg and I'm hoping adding live plants would help.
I've been looking into some and have found a few articles giving lists, but I'd like to not take the word of one or two resources and really get some solid advice.
What can I add and what is best for her health?
Thank you!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Personally , i'm not a fan of bioactive setups for arid region reptiles.

I don't think there are REALLY any bearded dragon safe live plants you can keep in a bearded dragon indoor enclosure. The dragon will promptly destroy them.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
kingofnobbys":3ch1lwal said:
Personally , i'm not a fan of bioactive setups for arid region reptiles.
+1
I don't think there are REALLY any bearded dragon safe live plants you can keep in a bearded dragon indoor enclosure. The dragon will promptly destroy them.
I get that, but I gotta try, and I'm not terribly concerned if he does destroy them--got lots of extras, and the "pots" will be virtually impossible for him to knock over at his current size. If he doesn't get used to them, and does destroy them, well, at least I find out.

For plant species, I chose arid plants--all succulents or arid sedges--that appeared on at least 5 BD-safe lists, and didn't appear on any BD-toxic lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom