Recommended enclosure decorations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repti44

Alright, so I finally finished getting Draco's new enclosure ready for him and now that he is in there I need some advice for some enclosure decorations/accessories. We are going to make him a hammock tonight but we obviously want to change the enclosure from being so bare bones. Here is the new setup (I will have another post in the enclosure section showing the before and after and the changes made):
106227-2893405040.jpg
106227-3487365712.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There are a lot of good options that people use. It's also kind of an ongoing process to add things they like and remove things they don't. The hammock is a good start because that will provide a good basking spot as well as a shade area. Habba huts are pretty popular for the same reason. I like using flat rocks and nice flat pieces of driftwood for basking spots as well. Some folks use grapewood vines and that looks really cool. it provides good climbing areas for small dragons. Just try adding things that look interesting, provide areas to bask, climb, and shade etc. and see what the favorites become.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm like Cooper, I tend to like to use rocks and driftwood. But I'm also a cheapskate so that might be why LOL.
I like to go out and find nice pieces to add to the tanks. It's a fun outing and I like the natural look in my tanks personally.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
KarrieRee":12cjj2hu said:
The floor looks slippery
Karrie

I'd lay some paper towels ( like what everyone has in the pantry , comes in a roll , on that floor, will give him more grip and be kinder to his legs and feet.
Will also make clean up a breeze , any soiled sheets go straight into the rubbish bin.

I like thick bits of shed bark off trees ( I've had some of big bits of bluegum bark for over 10yrs and my skinks and dragons love them , because they are rough surfaced, and they can also get under them) , tree twigs and smaller tree branches ( like what are often shed by trees naturally, or come off them in storms ), hollow branches (can often be found after bushfires) , even nice bits of sandstone if you can find them locally.

Driftwood is an option if you live near a lake or river or the sea, and is free for the taking after floods. We get huge amounts all over the beaches here during floods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom