DIY Viv, need to be creative with space

Status
Not open for further replies.

screechyboy79

I have been planning for a long time to get a Bearded Dragon but to cut a long story short I dont have 4ft wide space in my office where I could keep one. I have just under 3 foot width so my plan was to make a customer deeper Viv and have the heat front to back, so the hotter basking area would be raised at the back and the cooler lower and at the front rather than side to side.

Would this work? To give you the exact space i have to play with we are talking about 2.75 feet wide,3 feet deep and up to another 3 feet in height to play with.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm able to make due with a 36x18x18'' setup which provides a good light and heat gradient. With smaller spaces it's good to supplement with time outside the tank when they get older. You can set up portable basking spots for them if you don't have any other animals around. It's also good to make up for lack of floor area with height. That will allow you to build climbing areas which they tend to like a lot. Just adjust the lighting to be more powerful to reach further as needed.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What you are proposing will work just fine. As long as you can get a good heat and UV gradient in your tank, you're golden.
And I also agree with cooper, 36 wides (or long, however you look at it) are an OK size for an adult dragon. Bigger is always better, but who wants to be stuck inside a tank all day anyways! :D

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom