Basking Platform - Help, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I have a spiderwood branch in Figment's hab for basking, but of late he has stopped using it. He's hanging out in his hammock instead, and I don't think it's getting warm enough for him (but that's another post).

At any rate, I'd like to get him a proper basking platform sized for an adult beardie, so I won't have to replace it when he gets his full growth. Does anyone out there make good platforms I could buy? I ran a search on Google, and got mainly off-the-shelf platforms that don't look big enough and a lot of DIYs, and I am NOT a handy sort. I'd rather pay someone to make a proper platform for me.

The only thing that looked like it might work, though I worry about the weight in a glass hab, was a cinder block (single hole, not double) with three bricks to make steps to the top.

Could you kind folks show me what you use for a basking area in your dragon's home? Do you use just a rock, a piece of driftwood, or something fancier? Help!

~Chris

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Chris,

I just use larger flat rocks that I find.
It makes for a fun little trip to go out to a forest or river and look for rocks and driftwood.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks - Karrie, I saw that branch when I was out shopping the other day, and now I'm kicking myself for not picking it up. I just remember wondering if it was big enough for a grown beardie. Brandon, do you think a rock big enough for an adult beardie would pose a danger of cracking the bottom of a glass tank? I noticed that you've got nice, durable wood habs for your babies.

Thanks again!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Here is a pic of Hiccup sitting on that log
97951-5687346519.jpg
97951-2006586134.jpg
He loves that log --- gives him different ways to sit and use it
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you---- he stands up on the floor and he lays on it from the other side w/ his head on the bottom part---- I have the same log in Blazes tank and hes utilizing it as well ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom