Need a little help of light placement

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Hi :). I'm a little unsure of how to have the lights arranged in my bearded dragon enclosure.
The enclosure is a wooden vivarium 48x16x16. I know, it's quite short and a little narrow, but its the only wooden vivarium that's 4ft long and affordable I can find where I live.

I getting an arcadia t5 12%, which recommends a distance of 12-15", and an exo terra basking bulb which says about 6" or so.

My plan is to cut out a shape from the lid at the back and add mesh, and place the arcadia on top (it'll have a reflector). And for the heating bulb, maybe at/near the front, on top of a piece of mesh too. And have a branch where the high point is near the basking spot, and the lower end is near the uvb. Does that sound ok or what would you recommend? Thanks! :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

You would want your high points for uvb and heat to be the same spot ideally. But you should be able to do that with the mesh idea you have.
I'd probably suspend the uvb bulb over a cut out in the lid just with two pieces of wood or something. That way most of the bulb would be unobstructed unlike if you were to use mesh.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom