Enough UVB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You have the same tank as I -- and the UVB is it a T 5 ? I would put something on your floor-- the bamboo is pretty slippery - I have tiled mine -- here is a pic --
97951-1918616193.jpg
Karrie

flowerfarming

Original Poster
hey! my UVB is a T8 and I have ordered him the zen mat for substrate it just hasn’t came yet, it was supposed to come with the cage but there is a delay in shipping for the mat. (I'm actually not 100% sure whether its a T5 or T8 I can check when I get home I still have the box.)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
flowerfarming":1c7kw29o said:
hey! my UVB is a T8 and I have ordered him the zen mat for substrate it just hasn’t came yet, it was supposed to come with the cage but there is a delay in shipping for the mat.

I just looked at your images.
My thought was it's a T8.

T8 tubes are 1" in diameter.
T5HO tubes are 5/8" in diameter.

So no, the basking spot is too far from the UVB tube even if it's rated 10% or 12%.
You need to move the basking spot closer , see this for a guide :

How-to-read-the-graph-for-p.png

aim for about 180 microW UVB / sq.cm .

ie basking spot directly under one end of the T8 UVB tube ( 10 to 12%UVB (?)) and no farther than 6 inches from one end of it to the basking spot.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please do w/ a tank that size you want the T 5- -- how long is the fixture? If you want you could go w/ an Arcadia bulb like 12% --- they are a good strong bulb and last a year - I have the Arcadia 14% now and my fixture is now mounted to the top of the screen -- the distance for that bulb is like 15-18" and since Hiccup sits on the floor its good up to 24" --- I am thinking of going down to the 12% --- that is equivalent to the T 5 bulb---
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Since you have the t8, you'll want it about 6 inches from the basking surface. If you cant achieve this it would be best to switch to the t5 version of the bulb. Then 12-15 inches would be adequate.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom