Basking lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after initial research I had originally purchased halogen floodlights and the clamp lamp from Lowe’s as I had read they were efficient and cheaper options. However after finally getting everything else set up and ready I’ve discovered now that the halogen floodlights extends past the lamps dome, and then can’t be placed on the screen top of the tank. I’m wondering if I should get a different done and is so which one or a different bulb and if so which one or both? There is no beardie yet, this is just the prep for getting him. The rest of the tank is all set up and ready I’m just having trouble with the basking light and dome,

I have been able to fit a 75 watt and 45 watt par 38 halogen bulb in a 8.5 inch ceramic base lamp, i think made by thrive im not sure, but as long its 8.5 inch you can fit those par 38 halogen bulbs.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Nightshade15":1hokccc4 said:
Thank you! I will pick one up later today.
You could maybe bring the dome with you to verify? Just in case different brands have different lengths. The par part of par38 is the shape (parabolic), and the 38 is the number of 8th inches wide. I'm not sure if there's a standard spec for length.
It's frustrating to get home and find the supplies don't work together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom