Can you use a UVB bulb in an LED fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a hard time finding good Fluorescent specific fixtures that are big enough for my Beardie Tanks. Can I just use the UVB bulbs in an LED fixture instead? Will it negate any effects of the UVB output? (Handyman knowledge is Zero lol)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As long as the fixture has a reflector --- an aquarium hood is fine - what size are you looking for?
Karrie

reppintilians

Original Poster
24 inches mainly, I'm trying to avoid any type of electrical work since I am no handy man, plug in flourescent fixtures bigger than 18" are impossible to find. That's why I'm asking about LED fixtures because there is a ton of those available. But it's pretty much okay to use a UVB bulb in an LED fixture?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Most Led specific fixtures have LED specific drivers in them. I'd stick to a fixture designed for either the t8 or t5 bulb you use.

If using a t5, sunblaster is a fixture a lot of us use. You can get it on amazon.

-Brandon

Scion19801

Hatchling Member
claudiusx":2qdzxfrc said:
Most Led specific fixtures have LED specific drivers in them. I'd stick to a fixture designed for either the t8 or t5 bulb you use.

If using a t5, sunblaster is a fixture a lot of us use. You can get it on amazon.

-Brandon

definately go with sunblaster t5. i got 3 of them and they are great. was just looking to get a new reflector...man has the price gone up on these lights. all mine a 2ft units in 4x2x2 tanks

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Scion19801":15el26fw said:
claudiusx":15el26fw said:

-Brandon

definately go with sunblaster t5. i got 3 of them and they are great. was just looking to get a new reflector...man has the price gone up on these lights. all mine a 2ft units in 4x2x2 tanks

That's what I found to be best for my 4x2x2s too. I typically hadn't been using the reflectors in my other setups as I didn't need to, but bought one of their reflectors to try. Getting interesting results with it actually, going to do a bit more testing on the reflector so I won't say anything for or against them yet, but the fixture itself is one of the best i've found at a decent price.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom