New Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerrod

I am looking to get a new enclosure. I am looking to get something with doors in the front. I was looking at the Carolina Custom 48Lx24Dx24H. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this enclosure and your thoughts on it. I would also like to know if there are other enclosures you recommend.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

They are nice enclosures. I dont have any experience with them though, I buils my own 4x2x2s. but I know quite a few people like them and they are a good company.
There is also zen habitats which some members here use.

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
There are lots of good ones out there, including some kits. It partly depends on your preferences & budget.

This guy will sell you a kit--precut--that you can assemble with few tools. He doesn't include the glass (he's had experience with it breaking in shipping) but provides the size of glass you'll need, which can be gotten locally. It also comes with some extras--see the site & video.
https://talkingserpents.com/product/d-i-y-reptile-enclosure-kit-48w-x-24d-x-24h/
He also has a YT channel, and a video about this kit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQRZ_rnrKcA

Disclaimer:
Not an endorsement. I've never done business with this company, nor do I have any connection--just passing along a source I found while searching for myself.

There's also this older thread.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a Zen Habitat and they are nice -- they use bambo sides and backing and pvc - the floor is a little slippery as they use the bamboo there but I think they are now putting a mat in there not sure - I can tell you next week as I have another one coming next week its supposed to be here - they are on back order so they must be busy --- the front doors are plexiglass so the tank is light weight --- they are also adding a substrate shield too but I dont use it as I have tile on the bottom of the tank along w/ paper towels underneath to catch the watery urate etc................. if you want a pic of it just ask for me to post --I will
Karrie

Jerrod

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3ijbyg1z said:
I have a Zen Habitat and they are nice -- they use bambo sides and backing and pvc - the floor is a little slippery as they use the bamboo there but I think they are now putting a mat in there not sure - I can tell you next week as I have another one coming next week its supposed to be here - they are on back order so they must be busy --- the front doors are plexiglass so the tank is light weight --- they are also adding a substrate shield too but I dont use it as I have tile on the bottom of the tank along w/ paper towels underneath to catch the watery urate etc................. if you want a pic of it just ask for me to post --I will
Karrie

Sure I would like to see a pic to get an idea of the setup. Thanks

Jerrod

Original Poster
Thanks. Yea I am curious on how the temps will be with mine because I have the carolina custom light with the basking bulbs attached to it. So to get the proper distance for the UVB is going to put the basking bulb close. I will probably just put a basking lamp on top like you have it.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Karrie,

Sorry if you've posted this before; what kind of UV tube fixture (not the bulb) is that, and does it have a reflector?

THX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom