Light just for light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a silly question but what do you guys recommend I use it I was something just to provide light?

I have a 40 gallon breeder tank with a basking bulb and UV strip light on one side but then nothing on the other side. (soon to be adding a CHE as it cools down). But I noticed he really doesn't use that side a ton and it's where I put his food bowl. I read on a thread here about providing additional light just to provide brightness to the cool side.

I looked at "day bulbs" but they all mention basking heat and obviously I'm not looking to make that side too hot. Just curious what type of lighting you guys recommend or have had success with that won't alter the temps too much!

Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I use a regular old style Household bulb 65 watt on the cool side - my temp stays around 80's in the daytime and adds nice light to that side of tank plus that is where I put the bowl of vegies
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
+1. A regular incandescent bulb is fine. If it raise temps too much, look for a broad-spectrum (as broad-spectrum as reasonable--there's a discussion about that in the Advanced Lighting/Enclosures section) LED bulb. :wink: LEDs generally (not always) run pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom