tank set up. is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is how i have my bearded dragon tank set up. just wanted to make sure it is all set up correctly. i have a reptisun 10.0 24in uvb bulb there in the back by his hide about 7in away from the hide. i have a 100 w basking bulbs that keeps temps at 105-110. cool side is 84 most days. feeding him crickets on the daily. use the zoo med digital thermometer with prob for exact temps and the one i the cage is mostly just for humidity and ambient temp. new salad on the daily and water dish for him to lay in since humidity never goes over 40% with it in there. 40 gallon tank. sand mat for substrait. still need to get more logs and stuff for him as well. bd is about 3 months old and about 8 1/2 in long
105895-8115238342.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Everything sounds fine :)

Cool side is a little warmer than I typically like but like you said, I'm sure it fluctuates a bit.

-Brandon

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
ok. do i need to have the basking and uvb right next to each other or is it fine how it is? with uvb in the back and basking more in the front where the branch is?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Its ideal to have the basking spot also be the spot with the highest uv exposure. So if the uvb bulb is also 8inches or so from the basking surface, you're good!
If he has to pick between heat or uv, I'd say youd find more benefit of rearranging things to make 1 spot do it all.

-Brandon

Stanlythedragon

Original Poster
ok. so yah the uvb buld is about 6 inches away from his basking spot so i will see if i can get everything next to each other so he can get it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom