After a month of separation, will beardie still remember you

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubymiss

HI everyone
I have my baby dragon for 4 month ,we have lots of happy time. I spend a lot of time with her everyday. Recently, I need to take a trip out of country for 1 month, so I will have my husband to take care of my baby dragon, I put a camera in the tank so I can see her and talk to her, even though I still worry about she will forget me in a month separation. if she look at me like a stranger after I come back home a month later it will be very sad for me! so I wonder if you apart from your lizard for a month, how your dragon will react when they see you again? How long is their memory about their owners last? Can anybody share your experience for me! thanks a lot.Ruby

rubymiss

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":1b0u6zpe said:
It's a good question. BDs have demonstrated some surprising behaviors
Bearded Dragon Lizards Are Smarter Than You Might Think!
http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Liz...gon-Lizards-Are-Smarter-That-You-Might-Think/

But I don't know if the length of their memory has been studied. :dontknow:
Worst case, he'll get to know you again, and since he's already been socialized, I would think it should take less time than previously. Again... :dontknow:

Thanks for reply..it is a interesting study about how smart they are.it gives me more confidence about my dragon.thanks a lot..Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom