UVB fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes I have a Zilla slimline I am using w/ a T 8 now-- make sure reflector is in it and no cover on bulb
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yup you can just make sure to remove the plastic cover on the fixture :)

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I was looking them up on Zilla, but didn't see any size other than 18" (or a T5, for that matter) Is that correct?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've heard rumors of a larger size but the 18'' is the only one I've seen and used. It's commonly available at pet stores too.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2grxrwc3 said:
I've heard rumors of a larger size but the 18'' is the only one I've seen and used. It's commonly available at pet stores too.
I can get it off of amazon way cheaper than buying the zoo med hood and buying the zoo med uvb

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":wclq0xh9 said:
Yes I have a Zilla slimline I am using w/ a T 8 now-- make sure reflector is in it and no cover on bulb
Karrie
So the one I am wanting to get off of amazon it says it comes with the zilla uvb tube also is it any good?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Probably but not as good as the T 8- I got rid of the bulb I think it was a 50 watt and put the Reptisun bulb in -- they are way better - you can get a fixture off of www.pangeareptiles.com for $20 and get the T 8 bulb there as well - not sure about length of that one -- it might be 18"
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
BeardedDragonSteve":19togz86 said:
KarrieRee":19togz86 said:
Karrie
So the one I am wanting to get off of amazon it says it comes with the zilla uvb tube also is it any good?
It says its from the desert series and i heard that has caused problems

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Probably but not as good as the T 8- I got rid of the bulb I think it was a 50 watt and put the Reptisun bulb in -- they are way better - you can get a fixture off of www.pangeareptiles.com for $20 and get the T 8 bulb there as well - not sure about length of that one -- it might be 18"
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1piemrdo said:
Probably but not as good as the T 8- I got rid of the bulb I think it was a 50 watt and put the Reptisun bulb in -- they are way better - you can get a fixture off of http://www.pangeareptiles.com for $20 and get the T 8 bulb there as well - not sure about length of that one -- it might be 18"
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

The whole things is 18 inches

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":37mycoxj said:
Probably but not as good as the T 8- I got rid of the bulb I think it was a 50 watt and put the Reptisun bulb in -- they are way better - you can get a fixture off of http://www.pangeareptiles.com for $20 and get the T 8 bulb there as well - not sure about length of that one -- it might be 18"
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Im looking at the Pangea Reptiles website and they dont sell the t8 fixture

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is a T 5 sorry --- so for $31 you can get a light fixture and a bulb for $20 --- from there the Arcadia 14% is a good bulb as well - they dont need to be changed out but once a year
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom