After a month of separation, will beardie still remember you

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

After a month of separation, will beardie still remember you

Postby rubymiss » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:50 pm

HI everyone
I have my baby dragon for 4 month ,we have lots of happy time. I spend a lot of time with her everyday. Recently, I need to take a trip out of country for 1 month, so I will have my husband to take care of my baby dragon, I put a camera in the tank so I can see her and talk to her, even though I still worry about she will forget me in a month separation. if she look at me like a stranger after I come back home a month later it will be very sad for me! so I wonder if you apart from your lizard for a month, how your dragon will react when they see you again? How long is their memory about their owners last? Can anybody share your experience for me! thanks a lot.Ruby
rubymiss
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: After a month of separation, will beardie still remember

Postby MrSpectrum » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:19 pm

It's a good question. BDs have demonstrated some surprising behaviors
Bearded Dragon Lizards Are Smarter Than You Might Think!
http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Lizards/Information-News/Bearded-Dragon-Lizards-Are-Smarter-That-You-Might-Think/

But I don't know if the length of their memory has been studied. :dontknow:
Worst case, he'll get to know you again, and since he's already been socialized, I would think it should take less time than previously. Again... :dontknow:
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

Re: After a month of separation, will beardie still remember

Postby rubymiss » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:13 pm

MrSpectrum wrote:It's a good question. BDs have demonstrated some surprising behaviors
Bearded Dragon Lizards Are Smarter Than You Might Think!
http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Lizards/Information-News/Bearded-Dragon-Lizards-Are-Smarter-That-You-Might-Think/

But I don't know if the length of their memory has been studied. :dontknow:
Worst case, he'll get to know you again, and since he's already been socialized, I would think it should take less time than previously. Again... :dontknow:

Thanks for reply..it is a interesting study about how smart they are.it gives me more confidence about my dragon.thanks a lot..Ruby
rubymiss
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures