Too big of an enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
So long there is a good thermal gradient, a good UV gradient , and a choice of hides , this is fine for the 3 month old.

My only concern would be the little juvenile dragon loosing track of insects like crickets , roaches and or locusts who are fast moving and will scurry away and try to hide,

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":4bde3w6t said:
So long there is a good thermal gradient, a good UV gradient , and a choice of hides , this is fine for the 3 month old.

My only concern would be the little juvenile dragon loosing track of insects like crickets , roaches and or locusts who are fast moving and will scurry away and try to hide,

Me too. I might have a feeding tank

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Bmjo":1z9cje1t said:
kingofnobbys":1z9cje1t said:

Me too. I might have a feeding tank

If he/she's only little, you can temporarily partition off half the tank with some cardboard or a sheet of MDF.

I've never been successful at getting skinks or dragons to eat in a separate feeding tank/tub.

I'd be dropping the feeders ( if crickets or roaches or similar) in for the little dragon a few at a time , let it catch and eat them , then repeat until it looses interest ( means it's full ).

Aquilist

I may be a bit late, but my Dragon was in a 48x24x24 from since he was 1 month old. He loves it.
I feed him in a separate plastic tub, and he never hesitates to gobble up every insect in his path. He uses all the space, running from one end to the other.
I highly recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom