UVB lighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roo5182

Does anyone have any recommendations for the tube bulbs and a light fixture that would fit with it?
If anyone could help that would be much appreciated!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/images/thumbnails/1125/1125/detailed/4/zoo-med-uvb-10-T5.jpg-- this is a strong bulb -- the T 8 looks like this as well but is not as strong--- visit this website - they also have fixtures as well --- I got my set up from them but I ordered the Arcadia 14% bulb -- I have the Zoomed fixture that is 24"-- just dont get the fixture the same length as the tank --- you want it at most 2/3 of tank - not full length - my tank is a 4x2x2 -- and I have the 24" - so he can escape the UVB rays if he wants to
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What size tank do you have?
What is the distance from the top to the basking surface?

Those two questions will answer if you want the regular bulb or the HO bulbs.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This will give quantitative guidance on how to set up your basking globe and UV source wrt
levels of UV , and temperatures , and appropriate UV and temperature gradients.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=249112

Please be aware that mounting any UV source ontop a mesh lid , unless it's very big mesh ( like bird cage mesh ) will result in a significant "shading loss" of UV up to 45% which will more or less cancel the benefits of having a properly designed reflector or reflector hood.

Only practical way to get zero UVI is by providng a hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom