Escape ramps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin797

A while ago I saw a reddit post where they'd made a ramp for their beardie to allow it to leave the enclosure and wander around their room whenever they wanted. My assumption is that they would place the ramp in the enclosure when they were around and could spend time with the beardie. I was wondering if anyone here had ever tried this. How did it work? Did the dragon use it?

My 2 year old beardie loves coming out of his vivarium. I often let him wander around the roam as it's pretty safe for him, and he doesn't really like to sit still unless he's sleepy. He often goes back to the viv though when he gets cold, so I've thought about getting him a ramp and leaving the door open slightly for him to go back in whenever he wants. Sometimes if he's feeling moody, he doesn't really want to be handled or picked up, but still wants to come out of his viv, so I leave the door open for him and let him climb out himself. It's a bit of a stretch for his front legs to touch the carpet though- I've moved one of his rocks over to the glass so he can stand on it to help him climb out, but I think a ramp would be easier for him. My main concern though is leaving the glass open for too long, in case it lets all the heat out.

Muffin797":1ele5aq4 said:
A while ago I saw a reddit post where they'd made a ramp for their beardie to allow it to leave the enclosure and wander around their room whenever they wanted. My assumption is that they would place the ramp in the enclosure when they were around and could spend time with the beardie. I was wondering if anyone here had ever tried this. How did it work? Did the dragon use it?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I wouldn't use a open ramp if the tank is more than 12" off the floor , better off with a tube made from plastic and lined with cloth so the dragon can get good grip growing up and down the tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom