CHE 40 gallon. What wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Ive been watching my temps at night and they are toeing the line of 65F. I have a 40 gallon, and I was thinking about trying a 60w CHE for now, considering its summer. I was worried about going to a 100w in case it gets too hot. So, I hear a thermostat is also needed; recommendations on thermostats to buy and should I go for a 60w or 100w for 40 gallon?

I plan to set it on the wire ceiling of the tank as well, so it wont be touchable by the dragon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a 120 gallon tank and I have a 100 watt CHE on top of screen -- it keeps the tank around 70 at nite in the winter------------ right now it is off---------I do not use a thermostat on mine-- I just keep at eye on temps when its on - usually in the morning and I take it w/ a IR gun plus I have a digital probe on the cool side of tank and its at 70 in the winter in the morning-- the CHE sits in the middle on the tank
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom