CHE 40 gallon. What wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Ive been watching my temps at night and they are toeing the line of 65F. I have a 40 gallon, and I was thinking about trying a 60w CHE for now, considering its summer. I was worried about going to a 100w in case it gets too hot. So, I hear a thermostat is also needed; recommendations on thermostats to buy and should I go for a 60w or 100w for 40 gallon?

I plan to set it on the wire ceiling of the tank as well, so it wont be touchable by the dragon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a 120 gallon tank and I have a 100 watt CHE on top of screen -- it keeps the tank around 70 at nite in the winter------------ right now it is off---------I do not use a thermostat on mine-- I just keep at eye on temps when its on - usually in the morning and I take it w/ a IR gun plus I have a digital probe on the cool side of tank and its at 70 in the winter in the morning-- the CHE sits in the middle on the tank
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom