Best 40 gallon tank to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finleythebeardie

Hatchling Member
Hi I’m looking to see what you guys would think would be the best 40 gallon tank for me to buy when I upgrade my dragons tank. He’s still small enough to be in his 20 gallon but I want to upgrade fairly soon. What tank should I buy? Also what watt heat lamp would a 40 gallon need because right now I have a 75 and it heats his 20 gallon fine.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would go as big as your budget would allow---- it is recommended for a full size dragon be in a 75-120 gallon tank--- I would get one w/ doors on the front -- it is alot easier to clean and just manage all together- your dragon would be alot happier as well - they need the floor space--- basking bulb is trial and error --- you would haft to get it set up and get basking temps w/ a Infrared heat gun for a more accurate temp-- check out the Enclosure board for tank ideas and where to buy
Karrie

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
The Exoterra 36x18x18 with the doors up front are nice. I must open them at least 20 times a day or more.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah having front opening doors is a huge help. I have the Exo Terra but I feel it's a bit small for an adult. I would look into Zen Habitats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom