Inexpensive upgrades to enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

So I had posted before about an issue where my beardie is getting under his repticarpet when I get home from work, and I think I’ve narrowed it down to him wall running until he gets stuck.

He’s currently in a 29-gallon “long” tank, and is now probably about 10 inches to a foot long.

He has adenovirus, and the bet had said that I probably shouldn’t upgrade his tank size because he is smaller than he should be, but he still grew and he seems like he isn’t super comfortable in there.

Anyways, I’m a student so I normally would never be able to afford an enclosure upgrade, but now that it’s summer I can take more hours to get the money required, but I’m still not financially well off.

I was wondering if there is a decent brand that has inexpensive enclosures of a suitable larger size?

Thanks for any help!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You will haft to shop around -- I dont know how savy you are about maybe building one yourself or having a family member build one? If that is a possibility you can check out the DIY board and go from there as far as ideas --- if not- then shopping around would be your best bet--- I know they can be pretty expensive and I dont know how big you want to go or what your thinking as far as the materials- wood - glass--- etc........... my ZenHabitat was under $300 w / shipping and its made out of Bamboo and a light tubing w/a mesh galvanized screen --- which I like a lot cuz you can set the heat lamp right on top of it ---- they have now gone up tho and the flooring is different - mine came w/ a bamboo flooring making it slippery but I was gonna cover it anyway w/ slated ceramic tile so ... I also did not order the substrate shield as well - they come w/ it if you want it --- I believe they have now gone up to $329 last I looked--- I know there was a post on the enclosure board about enclosures -- check there--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom