Zoo Med Terrarium Controller SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone,

I purchased one of Zoo Med's timers today, the one that's a power bar and timer combined, but my fixtures just won't plug into it?? My dome light fixtures are exo terra, so I wondered if maybe that was the problem. I tried plugging my UVBs fixture (since its the ReptiSun) into it, and that wouldn't fit into the outlet either. It's almost as if it's not deep enough for the plugs to fit.

I called the store I bought it from and they said they've never heard of that happening. Does anyone else have any information on this timer? A lot of online reviews say they have some complications; should I just return it or try another one?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Outlets should be a standard size. Do you have the plugs turned the correct way (one side is sometimes wider than the other)? Some of the strips also have protective covers over the outlets that require you to turn the outlet to completely expose the opening. The brand differences shouldn't matter at all.

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2uy6xvr0 said:
Outlets should be a standard size. Do you have the plugs turned the correct way (one side is sometimes wider than the other)? Some of the strips also have protective covers over the outlets that require you to turn the outlet to completely expose the opening. The brand differences shouldn't matter at all.

Yep, the plugs are turned the right way. It doesn't make any sense.

It doesn't look like there is any protective covering over the outlet, nor does it specify how to remove one if there is in the instructions. I can get the plug into it, but past the very end of the prongs it won't go in.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Very odd. Maybe it's worth a call to ZooMed Customer Service for advice on that particular model.

Blackenedsabbath

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1qbq5i9e said:
Very odd. Maybe it's worth a call to ZooMed Customer Service for advice on that particular model.

I got my dad to look at it to see if an electrician could figure out what's going on, and the prongs inside the outlets are all angled together, which is why the plugs won't go into them. Guess I'm returning it after all.

Jerrod

Blackenedsabbath":2cubm3a0 said:
CooperDragon":2cubm3a0 said:

I got my dad to look at it to see if an electrician could figure out what's going on, and the prongs inside the outlets are all angled together, which is why the plugs won't go into them. Guess I'm returning it after all.

I had the same problem with mine. The prongs would not want to open up. I just had to keep switching the plugs and working them in and they eventually plugged in. Or get something that will fit and pry them some. Just make sure its not plugged in. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom