Habitat / New Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i got a new bearded dragon on 5-18-19. When i purchase the beardie the owner sold me a light (claimed to be UVB and Basking together) with a 10 gallon tank and at this point i and very little knowledge to bearded dragons. So i went home, started building her a larger cage and doing research. I noticed she was not eating as much as the website says she or he should so this got me worried considering how many issues could come into play. So i made a vet appointment, now i live in a very small town so we have no EXPERTS but she said that she had a couple customers with beardies. The vet said that she seems to look healthy and weighs in a 91 grams,(couldnt tell me age) sent me home with a sheet of stuff to do and to not do (which i already researched). So essentially got no answers, i actually i taught her some things. I have listed below my experiences so far and am really looking for answers.. Please help! I originally posted a long message and decided to break it into categories because I think my chances for receiving answers will be much greater. (See my first post if you would like to read it all!

Habitat:
She currently is in a 10 gallon tank with a basking light listed above and a heat light to regulate temperature due to my house getting cold at times. She has a basking log, a little water, and a little cave for the time being. I originally bought Eco Earth but learned that not good so as of now substrate is paper towels. I have spent all my evenings and days off build her a cage over since the purchase.. and then found out beardies cant be in pine enclosures.. Which the wood i bought says white wood but this has a very high chance of having pine in the mixture... waste of so much money.. lol So now i am almost done with a cage made out of sealed birch plywood, and poplar board for the inside and white wood on the exterior. The enclosure is 40x20x24 and will have a second story half shelf she can climb up on/additions spot to bask. The floor is a drawer with sealed porcelain tiles (water based sealant) and 100 percent silicone. The front is cabinet style plexi glass to with hold around 360 degrees before its dangerous.

skylaramanda21

Original Poster
I cant wait to finish it.. MY routine over the past week has been hectic and long.

I want her to be at home and have plenty of room to roam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom