Any basking spot recommendations for adenovirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

My beardie Wilmo unfortunately has adenovirus :(

In the past he has managed well with basking spots, climbing up them anyway he can! He even used to jump from them every once in a while.

Wilmo has grown though, and now has been having more trouble climbing up a steeper basking rock I had purchased for him to replace an old one.

I was wondering if there are any basking options that would be easier for him to climb on? Maybe a shallow slope? I even considered just using a reptile hammock thing on his basking side.

Thanks for any recommendations! :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor guy.

If hes having trouble I'd probably be inclined to just use a brick that's not very tall and give him a flat basking surface. You'll probably have to lower your heat bulb or get a stronger one. Personally I'd just try to make it easy for him to get to the heat.

How old is Wilmo now?

-Brandon

DanteChiacchia

Original Poster
claudiusx":2t5sw75c said:
Poor guy.

If hes having trouble I'd probably be inclined to just use a brick that's not very tall and give him a flat basking surface. You'll probably have to lower your heat bulb or get a stronger one. Personally I'd just try to make it easy for him to get to the heat.

How old is Wilmo now?

-Brandon

Wilmo is around a year and a half old! The petco I adopted him from wasn’t quite sure about his age. I had brought him to the vet and they said he should have several years left before adeno takes it’s course. The function of his limbs is about the same, he’s just grown to the point where climbing is tough.

Thanks for the response! I’m gunna consider the brick, I was also thinking about a shallow half log of that sounds alright.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think a flatter surface would definitely be helpful for him, if he's having trouble with his
climbing. bricks are nice & those flat stepping stones, too. If you use a hammock be sure
it's cloth & not the green mesh so he doesn't get his claws caught in them. I would mount it
low also to where it's easier for him to climb in.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom