What are some of the best basking bulbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I have my baby bearded dragon in a 20 gallon (I plan on upgrading once he’s bigger) and I got an Exo Terra solar glo 160w bulb for basking and it died not even having it for 2 days. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for some good heat bulbs?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What type of fixture did you have it in? Most commonly you'll have to search for a fixture rated for over 150w. Since your solar glo was 160, it's possible it blew out because of that. Might be worth checking what your fixture is rated at

For me personally, I use regular household bulbs for the basking bulb. As long as they produce the temperature I need, that's all they need to do (assuming it's not a weird colored light, and just a white light)

Sometimes I use the reptile basking bulbs, but I usually always end up going back to regular household bulbs.

This is of course in conjunction with a proper uvb bulb alongside it. :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom