Heat lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
I’m really struggling here guys. I have a halogen 75w basking bulb set to 102 degrees on the thermostat but I can keep my hand under the lamp without getting hot. Surely this isn’t right ? The etekcity infrared thermometer shows 104 and the dial thermometer inside shows 90 and the digital thermometer shows 99.1 but it still don’t seem warm enough to me. Dobby never sits on her log but lays underneath or in the cooler end. She only poops when in bath and never in her Viv and rarely eats anything except 3-5 locusts every few days. Vet says she’s fine. Any ideas would be great

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have a picture of the setup?

Which ir gun are you using?

102 wont really feel hot on your hand, but you should still feel the warmth.

-Brandon

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The uv is the new t5 d3 arcadia 14% The bulb is Arcadia halogen 75w basking bulb. And the set up is pictured below and ir gun Dobby is sat on log now as she’s been outside in sunshine for a while. I put her on log , I do happen to think I was worrying too much. As it’s fairly warm here in England today and aimed the ir at pavement and was 92f and I could stand on it barefoot. I’m just a born worrier. :)
100805-9301534132.jpg
100805-8016123958.jpg
100805-5913605001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom