120 gal, what light should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently built a 120 gallon enclosure for my beardie, what wattage lightbulb should I get? I've been using a reptisun 10.0 for UVB but its a bit too small and I'll soon have to move it back to the terrarium to house another lizard. The light is fine and he seems healthy (besides the parasites ad all that) but now I don't know how much is too much.

For reference, the enclosure is 4' long and 2' tall.. he's basking most of the time so he'll be around a foot away from the light.

(and if anyone has the time, any tricks on getting an anorexic beardie to eat??)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a 120 gallon and am using a 24" Arcadia 14% tube- it is approx 12 inches from basking spot--- the other dragon that is anorexic have you had them into the vet? What is his/ her story? Need more info in order to help
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you can post a few pictures of your tank just so we can take a look over it all, to better help
with recommending a good UVB light.
As suggested, the T5 tube bulbs which are high UVB output would be a good idea & they are
very effective at 12 inch ranges. Do you have a screen top?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom