Bills help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Hi there! It’s so cold in my area it’s tough to always keep my beardie’s tank the perfect temperatures for him.

He’s in a 55 gallon tank. Basking lamp is 150 watts on one side, and he has a reptisun t5 36 watt 36 inch long tube light inside. For the cool side, it gets below 70, so I have a ceramic heater on that side and a heat pad on the side of the tank.

Will this spike up my electric bills?! I don’t want the bill coming up to $200 and it’s because I have roommates!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a CHE on my tank w/ no light--- it keeps my tank in the 70's during the nite - its only run in the winter months and off during the summer - I live in MN- the cool side of your tank should be around 65-70 or so at nite - during the day it should be around 80 or so -- how are you taking the temps in your tank? The UVB you have is great --- the heat pad should go -- beardies heat from the top not their bellys--- I also have a reg bulb on the cool side of my tank that is a 60 watt house hold bulb its used for extra light during the day and everything off except heat emitter at nite-- none of this spikes my elec bill
Karrie

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3lsmhxhy said:
I have a CHE on my tank w/ no light--- it keeps my tank in the 70's during the nite - its only run in the winter months and off during the summer - I live in MN- the cool side of your tank should be around 65-70 or so at nite - during the day it should be around 80 or so -- how are you taking the temps in your tank? The UVB you have is great --- the heat pad should go -- beardies heat from the top not their bellys--- I also have a reg bulb on the cool side of my tank that is a 60 watt house hold bulb its used for extra light during the day and everything off except heat emitter at nite-- none of this spikes my elec bill
Karrie

Thank you! I have the heat pad attached on the right side of the tank instead of underneath! Since the cooler side has trouble getting to 80!would this be okay?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok I had a 50 gallon tank is it glass? You can put some sort of insulation on the back of the tank on the outside --- like foam or styrofoam or a blanket -- the temp of the room also can make a difference -- is he in a cold room or is he by a window ? all this can play into the temps in the tank -- Can you post a pic of the tank and lighting ?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom