Driftwood Recs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Hi!! Does anyone have recommendations of a tall, sturdy driftwood to bask on? My tank is 18 inches in height, and I want it high enough for my beardie! Other kinds of platform recommendations would be great!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I pick out flat pieces of driftwood that are easy to climb and bask on. I just lay them up against other things in the tank to provide an angled platform. I wash the driftwood well and then bake it in the oven at around 250 or so for about 45 min and then it's sanitized and ready to go.

You can see the two pieces I have resting up against the habba hut.
76248-4037503768.jpg

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":ohoci8sf said:
I pick out flat pieces of driftwood that are easy to climb and bask on. I just lay them up against other things in the tank to provide an angled platform. I wash the driftwood well and then bake it in the oven at around 250 or so for about 45 min and then it's sanitized and ready to go.

76248-4037503768.jpg

Thank you!!

kalidog

CooperDragon":1l1bwpwr said:

76248-4037503768.jpg

What size tank is that you have? Also, how long are the pieces of driftwood? Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
the tank looks awful small for an adult size bearded dragon
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a 36x18x18'' Exo Terra tank. The driftwood pieces are about 24'' long and about 4-5'' wide.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I guess I would be looking at upgrading your tank to a 75 or 120 gallon--- then go from there w/ your pieces of wood-- just a suggestion
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom