Is this allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Do I have to keep my mesh screen on top? It can get so irritating having to put it on and off!
Basking lamp is on a lamp stand, and light tube is attached inside! I have no other pets who can interfere, and cage is high enough that he can’t climb out or touch the bulbs

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No you can take it off as long as what you told us is true-- no danger of anything -- that is why we recommend when getting new tanks to make sure they have doors that open from the front-- it makes it easier for cleaning as well
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I leave mine off and it works well. I use adjustable lamp stands to suspend the lighting overhead. I have front opening doors for mine but prefer to keep the lighting a bit higher since the tank is pretty small with only 18'' of height. That lets me build some climbing areas a little bit higher.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1zsx5i3k said:
I leave mine off and it works well. I use adjustable lamp stands to suspend the lighting overhead. I have front opening doors for mine but prefer to keep the lighting a bit higher since the tank is pretty small with only 18'' of height. That lets me build some climbing areas a little bit higher.

Thank you!! Could I possibly see your set up? It would be a lot of help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom