Lighting advise for my tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldemarco

I have a 3ft x 18 inch tank, 2ft tall that I'm setting up for my beardie. I was looking at the 30 inch Zilla Pro Sol for lighting, but there are some bad reviews on it. Anyone have a good heat and UVB setup for a tank this size? basking platform is about 8-9 inches from the top of the tank.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you looking for both a tube light fixture as well as the tube bulb also? Are you going to
be using a T8 tube or a T5 tube bulb?
The Reptisun 10 T5 tube bulb or the Arcadia 12 or 14% tube T5 either one are really good.
As far as light fixtures, Zilla Slimline is an ok brand, Petmountain has some pretty good fixtures
& you could look at Reptisun brand, too.
I am sure there are other brands & more members will be by to recommend various brands of
light fixtures.

Tracie

Eldemarco

Original Poster
I would be going for a T5 or a 100W Power Sun. I just need something that is also going to leave room for a heating lamp. That's why I was looking at the Zilla Pro Sol, as it is all in one. I have 36 inches length to work with, but no idea how I'm going to set it up for proper UVB and heat at the basking spot, while also maintaining temps for the rest of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom