Heating At Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
I'm wondering if I should install a ceramic heater in my beardies tank for the night. It's getting quite cold which I don't think is good for her, around 7°c or lower. I was thinking a 25watt one, don't know if I'll need a thermostat, we have bought two in the past and have never been able to set them up.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Things you should consider :
1) enclose the viv (solid timber plank covering lid) <--- will trap any heat created by the basking light during the day in the tank and promote a very stable thermal gradient and microclimate in the tank.
( open topped , mesh topped vivs are hopelessly inefficient thermally , see this : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=236332&p=1816614#p1816614

2) consider providing a 7W heatpad (sandwiched between tiles) under the hide so the dragon has a warm place to bed down : all my skinks and dragons have always had these and once they discover them they love them.
see this viewtopic.php?f=75&t=224976&p=1746469&hilit=safe+way+to+use+heatpads#p1746469

3) consider a ceramic heat emitter controlled by a dimming thermostat if the room gets colder than 21 degC overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom