To reflect or not to reflect, that is my question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeed

Hi everyone!

I have just replaced the new Repti - glo light I purchased for an Arcadia 12% UVB D3 Rep light (25W / 30" T5) having discovered a day after purchasing the ripti - glo that is was potentially a bad light.

I'm keen to know if most people use reflectors in their Viv, does it increase the efficiency of the spread of light? thoughts Please?!

I have attached a pic of my viv (before adding a reflector) FYI there is no sand in there any more :roll:

full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As far as I know my reflector is still on---- I have the Arcadia D3 14% bulb-- the only thing off is the cover over the bulb-- just the bulb showing
Karrie

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
A u-shaped (parabolic) reflector increases the intensity of the lamp's output at the target by reflecting the light waves downward from the side of the bulb not facing that way and also by making them generally narrower as the light rays coming in from all directions tend to get focused. I have an Arcadia 12% bulb with one which seems to be doing the job with the reflector left on and the bulb unobstructed.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I prefer using a reflector to get the most out of the bulb. Not using one decreases the effective distance but may be suitable if the bulb is close. At 10-12'' a reflector is appropriate for a T5 12%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom