Safe digging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any sort of safe substrate that I can give my BD to dig in? Since it's in their natural instincts I'd like for my new Zen to have a corner for my baby to dig in but I don't know what would be safe to put there... any ideas? Suggestions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have heard a small card board box -- but I am not sure what kind of sand -- some one else can help you w/ that one-
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dig boxes are usually a combination of damp play sand and organic topsoil. They are messy though so usually set up in a separate bin and used when they are trying to lay eggs. In the main tank I like using fleece blankets or strips of fleece which allows them to burrow and dig but is easy to clean as needed. This is a good option short of building a bioactive setup which allows for digging.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Could use play sand even better to mix with top soil cause when the beardy digging in just sand it gets in the air and can cause respiratory issues coconut fiber is good to add to the mix makes it less messy wont stick to u or the beardie as much , alfalfa pellets are also good if u dont wanna mess with dirt type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom