Shelf liner types

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont use the liner but instead have the tile --- as long as its nonadhesive i would think it would be fine- some others that have the liner can weigh in more on this subject
Karrie

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
I was using tile and just recently switched to shelf liner. I will not be going back to tile. Shelf liner is a lot easier in my opinion. It costs $5 for a roll and that is enough for one of my 4’x2’ enclosures so it is cheap to do also, not that tile is expensive. My experience with tile is everything gets under it and liquids seep into the cracks so it was a constant battle cleaning. Much easier for the daily spot cleaning on the shelf liner. I even found some that looks like sand and is textured. The other upside I see is it adds a little cushion when my guy jumps around so I would have to think that is better for his joints. The plus for the tile was it kept his nails filed down nicely. They both work well, but I think I’m gonna stick with the shelf liner from here on out.

As long as you get a non adhesive shelf liner I think it is a solid choice.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I also found out that the tile has the cracks or groves for the watery/ urate substance as well so to eliviate that issue I started putting paper towels under the tile for the watery /urate to be absorbed --- and it worked so no more issue w/ the tile--- I just pull tile replace paper towel and clean the tile w/ the vinegar/ water mix--
Karrie

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
Yeah I actually started doing that from your recommendation on another post and it does make things much easier when using the tile. Was a border line nightmare before putting the paper towels underneath especially after he had his hornworm treats. The paper towel underneath is a must in my opinion if you choose tile.

Trinityv

Original Poster
kmwilson042182":sbt3eb6p said:
I was using tile and just recently switched to shelf liner. I will not be going back to tile. Shelf liner is a lot easier in my opinion. It costs $5 for a roll and that is enough for one of my 4’x2’ enclosures so it is cheap to do also, not that tile is expensive. My experience with tile is everything gets under it and liquids seep into the cracks so it was a constant battle cleaning. Much easier for the daily spot cleaning on the shelf liner. I even found some that looks like sand and is textured. The other upside I see is it adds a little cushion when my guy jumps around so I would have to think that is better for his joints. The plus for the tile was it kept his nails filed down nicely. They both work well, but I think I’m gonna stick with the shelf liner from here on out.

As long as you get a non adhesive shelf liner I think it is a solid choice.

Thanks for the input! The shelf liner sounds like it will be a good choice.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I like the non adhesive shelf liner, easy to clean, cheap & bugs won’t get under it. Its also good for putting tile on top. I have a few pieces of slate tile on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom