Zen habitat reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nmc8912

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a new, bigger tank for my dragon. Through my search I found a couple options and included the links below. So far I'm leaning towards a zen habitat. I was wondering if anyone who has one could share how they like it and if they've had any issues with it. Does the metal top get hot from the lighting? Any info on any of these tanks or other suggestions are much appreciated!

https://www.zenhabitats.com/

https://www.diycages.com/products/new-48x24x24-cf-pvc-front-sliding-display-cage?variant=33747107789

https://www.southtexasdragons.com/custom-enclosures.html

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a Zen Habitat and I like it and so does Hiccup -- he has plenty of room to move around in -- here is a picture of my tank --- the only thing I recommend is you will need to put some type of flooring on top of the bamboo cuz it is very slippery--- I used ceramic slated tile in my 50 gallon and went w/ the same stuff in this one --- I put paper towels under the tile to catch the watery urate - clean up is a snap -- pull tile and paper towel or towels replace and clean up w / vinegar and water in a spray bottle -- the screen mesh does not get hot at all --
97951-1918616193.jpg
97951-1410759176.jpg
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't seen one in person yet, but from what I've read and seen in photos, these seem to be the best bang for your buck in terms of commercially available enclosures in the US at the moment.

I got my Zen Habitat in December, and really like it. It's nice to look at, has plenty of room for my beardie, and was simple to put together. Whenever I get another bearded dragon (or blue tongue skink!) I plan to purchase another. They're starting to come out with some different sizes and accessories too! I am planning to get the liner that fits perfectly inside. I have a shelf liner now, but theirs looks nicer and is very reasonable. Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with it!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I went to look at the mat they are now selling w/ the Zen-- it looks nice and was not available when I bought my habitat last Dec--- I still like my tile and have figured out a way to keep the urate off the bamboo underneath by placing paper towels under the tile catching the watery stuff-- so far it has been very effective at doing just that-- it also has protected the tile as well from absorbing--
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom