Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help with lighting Ijust got my light getting ready to hang it it also has the basking lights sockets attached I wanted to use a spotlight but it looks like the socket are for halogen I hope that Will be ok and not hurt the dragon also my viv is 20 inches deep.H close does the uvb have to be two the bearded dragon my light is 34 inches

SPandS

Juvie Member
Could you please show us a picture of your setup? It'll be easier for us to help when we can see what we're helping with. I use halogen bulbs so depending on which ones you get they should also be fine to use. How close the uvb has to be depends on the bulb so if you let us know which bulb and fixture you're planning on using we can help you out.

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
34 inch I bought from carolina custom cages bulbs are the reptisun the ones everyone recommends the viv is 49x24x20 The top has 5 -1/2 x 40 screen each side has 4 -2 1/2 round screens not sure how many watt halogens I should buy.The basking part of the light has two sockets. Not to sound to stupid but how do I post a pic

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Go to top of page click on User Image Up loader - download pics - go to reply on top of message box click on XIMG
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It looks goo
97951-1410759176.jpg
d but my guess is you will haft to go trial and error-- and I am guessing you will only need one basking bulb-- most of us use one-- that goes for UVB and basking--- I have a white daylight on my tank just for light--- here is a pic
Karrie

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
Thanks Karrie so how far down do I need to hang my light. My height is from lid to floor 21 inches is there a distance from the floor to the light I know you don't want the basking light closer then 8 inches to the bearded dragon. Or do I just hang the light and make sure his basking platform gets no closer than 8 inches. Again Thank you for all your help.
Harry

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yeah I would hang it as high as you can and adjust the bulb stregnth- like start out w/ a 75 watt-- put his basking fixture under it and get a temp as to where he will sit-- make sure your using a infrared heat gun--- it will give you most accurate temp-- I don't use halogen bulbs for some reason they r way to hot-- so IAM just using the EXO terro 100 watt basking bulb
Karrie

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
I'm kinda stuck because of the style of my sockets they look like you plug bulb in and twist I'll have check to see if there is any other options. I'll have to post another pic when there done. Still have back ground ,molding ,side screens,and the ceramic tile to lay not sure what to get and where to get basking platform I thinking so sort of landscaping bricks stuff in pet stores nice but expensive. Again Thank you for all your help

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can always look on line for stuff and yes they are expensive--- your slated tile will be the cheapest- I tiled my 120 gallon for $13---
Karrie

Hairdogg247

Original Poster
Another question will I need another light for display or will the reptisun and Halagon provide enough light or will it look to dark and dim inside

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can always use a daylight or reg household bulb--- I use a old reg 75 watt hh bulb--- I like my tank lit up during the day and all lights go off at nite--- 12 hrs on 12 hrs off
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Cant answer that question --- some one else would haft to answer
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom