How's my setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1993

Hello all :)
Allow me to introduce Daenerys ( Game of thrones name ). Not sure if male or female so I will just say "he" for now to simplify things lol He is about 9inches long from head to tip of tail so I guessed his birthday to be december 1st 2018. I got him from petsmart and didn't think to ask his age or anything as I was very uninformed on dragons before purchasing one but then dove into research to make sure I gave him the best life possible.

I am here again making a new thread to make sure my terrarium is finally good (until he gets bigger). I posted another thread and received a bunch of help to get from where I was to where I am now.

Heres what I have: 40gal Exo Terra terrarium, 100w zoo-med basking lamp, newly added zoo-med 30in hood with 22in T5 10.0 UVB bulb, and at night I use nothing because the temp typically doesn't drop below 70 degrees. During the day the tank averages a temp of 95 degrees and about 80 degrees on the cool side. I will post a bunch of pictures which will give a better idea of everything.

My main hope is after mounting the UVB light fixture inside of the tank that it is good for him how it is. I want everything to be as good as it can be to ensure he is super healthy and happy! I appreciate any and all comments!
103337-3459264259.jpg
103337-4159954460.jpg
103337-6916420255.jpg
103337-6519651259.jpg
103337-2212696569.jpg
103337-8957754639.jpg
103337-1043740404.jpg
103337-246110354.jpg
103337-1943520839.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks great!! Are you still taking temps w/ that probe thingee it looks like?
Karrie

Nick1993

Original Poster
KarrieRee":11cgg528 said:
It looks great!! Are you still taking temps w/ that probe thingee it looks like?
Karrie

yes, I'm using now an exo terra version of the infrared temp gun in the picture but its the same thing.
Do you think my UVB light is good? It wasn't possible to put it directly over him because of the basking lamp but as you can see I did end up getting inside and it looks great! Only thing I need now is a better background and maybe a couple more decorations. He seems very happy and can't wait for him to get bigger! Also going to start feeding him Dubia Roaches just have to figure out where the best place to get them online is.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That looks great, everything looks to be in the right place, he should do well with that setup. Great job, you are gonna be a good slave, LOL!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would put a log or something for him to sit on under that uvb-- Google dubias roaches or ck amazon
Karrie

Nick1993

Original Poster
Gormagon":3o2nlxif said:
That looks great, everything looks to be in the right place, he should do well with that setup. Great job, you are gonna be a good slave, LOL!!!

Hahaha "slave" I love it (; Thank you! I feel so much better knowing things are how they are suppose to be and he is going to be healthy & happy! Looking forward to the future with him!

Nick1993

Original Poster
KarrieRee":360vatay said:
I would put a log or something for him to sit on under that uvb-- Google dubias roaches or ck amazon
Karrie

Okay, & yes Amazon as an option and DubiaRoaches.com as an option just looking at reviews to make sure all is good.

rexandizabella

It looks like a nice setup. My beardie likes to have something to climb on in the middle so maybe yours would like that option too to get under that uvb more. Daenerys is very cuteee though

Nick1993

Original Poster
rexandizabella":1pt8b089 said:
It looks like a nice setup. My beardie likes to have something to climb on in the middle so maybe yours would like that option too to get under that uvb more. Daenerys is very cuteee though

Noted! Thank a bunch for the idea, I will deffinatly be adding a few more pieces for climbing and what not, just waiting for the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom