Lighting on new huge enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olliesmom

I’m in the process of building a quite large enclosure for my young beardie, Olive. She’s a juvenile. The enclosure in making will be out of an old wood dresser. I’m removing drawers and placing her new enclosure inside. She will have sliding acrylic doors. She will also have two 4x8 adjustable vents on the back side. I’m not set on the inside yet. I think I’m going to line the whole inside of her enclosure with no adveasive linoleum flooring and seal the walls ceiling and floor seems with silicone. Do you think that will be safe for her? Also, the main thing is her heat lighting. Right now she’s in a 20 gallon with a 75 watt basking bulb and a 75 watt CHE for night time. Our house stays a little too cold for her. And her temps are fine but when I move her, should I double that? Her new enclosure will be about 5x1.5x2 feet relatively. I also have an extra double dome fixture. Should I put two 75 watt basking bulbs on one end for her day time and two 75 watt CHEs on the other side of the enclosure for nighttime? That makes the most sense to me. I’m not good with the lighting and I need some advise. Help?

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
Hi,

I did a similar conversion for one of my dragons. It's fairly open, so I had to get creative to keep him warm & well-lit. In the setup below, I have 2x 75W basking lamps, one Arcadia 24" UV 12% HO + reflector. Under the 'hot' part of the viv, I have also put a 2' x 2' dog bed under the carpet to heat the surrounding air on the ground because I wasn't able to raise it sufficiently with the lights. His ground level temps in the hot area are around 100* and taper off under his hide to ambient. The log has a gradient to 110*F at the very end, with 105* along most of the flat part. The bend reads around 90*-95*F.

100140-1486974936.jpg
100140-2122807103.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom