Thermometer probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Hi. I am just wondering where I should put the digital thermometer probe. In the picture you will see it’s level with the basking log. BUT. She never sits on it ? so should I put the probe on the floor of the vivarium where the basking bulb is or should I put it where she actually sits in middle of the vivarium?
100805-2041379009.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would use a suction cup and stick it to the side of the tank where her basking light is - it will get give you an idea of where temps are at but not an actual temp of her basking spot--- you need a Infrared heat gun to give accurate temps-- you can get them from Walmart or Home Depot for $10
Karrie

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank You. I have a temp gun but the difference in temps is quite big. I don’t know which is more accurate.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
the temp gun is most accurate-- 2" from where you are pointing will give you most accurate
Karrie

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
DiXX":uz2fqykh said:
Thank You. I have a temp gun but the difference in temps is quite big. I don’t know which is more accurate.
Where the probe is now will only give you ambient air temperatures. Surface temperatures are going to be much higher. This is why we use the IR heagun, it will give a more accurate reading.

DiXX

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ahh right. She never lays under her basking bulb not even after she’s eaten. Temps are 102-105 basking and 84 cold end and around where she stays is about 92. But she’s digesting her food well maybe I’m worrying about nothing.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
DiXX":3bwi9dn0 said:
Ahh right. She never lays under her basking bulb not even after she’s eaten. Temps are 102-105 basking and 84 cold end and around where she stays is about 92. But she’s digesting her food well maybe I’m worrying about nothing.
They tend to know what they need as far as heat goes and, they can be "pretty neurotic" about it as well, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom