Need Help with Baby Set-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have a new baby leatherback and I am trying to make sure I get the tank set up correctly.

I realize that it is probably going to need a bigger tank, but I am going to use a tank I have for now. Its the Exo-Terra large/low (90 x 45 x 30 cm / 36” x 18” x 12” (WxDxH).

I did read the information on here about what to buy. However, I am still confused about a few things:

1) If I get the reptisun T5 HO 10.0. What size is good for this size tank 12", 24"inch?

2) The product links for this light bulb fixture on the "newbie setup" sheet say the product is no longer available. Does anyone know where I can get this?

3) The sheet says to use a bright white bulb for basking. Is there a preferred watts for this size tank that would give me the right temp?

Thanks in advance just trying to do my best to set things up right.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
terrims313":1nrp0bvq said:
Hi,
I have a new baby leatherback and I am trying to make sure I get the tank set up correctly.

I realize that it is probably going to need a bigger tank, but I am going to use a tank I have for now. Its the Exo-Terra large/low (90 x 45 x 30 cm / 36” x 18” x 12” (WxDxH).

I did read the information on here about what to buy. However, I am still confused about a few things:

1) If I get the reptisun T5 HO 10.0. What size is good for this size tank 12", 24"inch?
I would get the 24" so when you upgrade it will be big enough depending on how big you go w/ upgrade - I have a 4x2x2 120 gallon and my UVB is a Arcadia T 5 10.0 24"
2) The product links for this light bulb fixture on the "newbie setup" sheet say the product is no longer available. Does anyone know where I can get this?
Google the product your looking for -- or try Amazon- or try this www.lightyourreptiles.com--
Reptisun 10 T5, or the Arcadia D3 12% or 14% T5 tube, both of which are very good. You will
need a T5 light fixture also.

3) The sheet says to use a bright white bulb for basking. Is there a preferred watts for this size tank that would give me the right temp? That you will haft to see -- I would suggest you buy a Infrared Heat Gun from Walmart or Home Depot etc..... $10 -- depending on where you have your tank ? Like example a warm room and cold room - is it off the floor - will determine the watt of the bulb- I am using a Exo Terro 100 watt for my 120 gallon but I also dont have glass - it has bamboo back and sides - so you will haft to experiment - temps taken w/ the IR gun will give you accurate temps of the basking area and all around the inside the tank

Thanks in advance just trying to do my best to set things up right.
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom