Bioactive terrarium vs standard tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehinoBD

I’d like to know if anyone on here has experience with bioactive tanks. What’s are the pros and cons compared to a normal tank using tile,carpet,etc as substrate. I ask because I’m looking to get a new dragon but lately I’ve seen videos of bioactive tanks pop up on YouTube and would like to get real feedback from experienced people instead of someone that looks to sell their “kits”

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
^ those are useful links. Taterbug has an excellent setup. Generally you need more space for a proper bioactive setup, especially to allow for enough drainage layers in the substrate. They take more time and effort to set up and get going but are probably worthwhile if you have the space and are able to maintain the setup. The advantage of using a simple substrate like tile or shelf liner etc. is that they are simple to clean and maintain. They are a better choice if space is limited or if you aren't able to properly setup and maintain a bioactive system.

ehinoBD

Original Poster
That thread was helpful thanks. Has lots of great info. I did see some pros but looks like the standard proper set up is the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom