Dig box recommendations.

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Dig box recommendations.

Postby fubardad » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Im thinking about setting up a "dig box" in the 4x2x2 habitat on the right side where the hollow log is sitting now (according to the pic below)
[Click image to enlarge]

Im not sure what to use though. Ive seen a few examples like a simple 18Lx10Wx6H plastic bin with flaxseed to bricks with play sand and top soil.

Im hoping to find some suggestions/recommendations and possibly any visual example of what others have done for dig boxes if possible?

My current thoughts were to use a higher plastic bin and use fauna kraft soil mixed with play sand and then find a ramp of some sort to allow entry to get into the bin and the branch I have now to exit. I dont plan to feed in it so all feeding will be more dubias/worms away from the dig box. I dont know if my dragon is a female or male but I just thought of giving the dragon the texture difference instead of doing 100% tile.

All opinions/suggestions/criticisms welcomed. Im still learning.
fubardad
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Dig box recommendations.

Postby MarlowAndMe » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:59 pm

I’m thinking of doing similar but with fleece blanket strips as they pose no risk
MarlowAndMe
Juvie Poster

Re: Dig box recommendations.

Postby Foxxy76 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:35 pm

[Click image to enlarge]

This is Lazy's dig box. I used a clean paint tray (never used for paint) and filled it with excavator clay. I put his hide over it and his hammock.
Foxxy76
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures