Sunblaster uvb light fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argam1998

I have my uvb light fixture and halogen light set up for the sunbeam method. They have 3.5 inches of room between them but my light fixture still gets hot! Around 134F . I emailed Sunblaster they said it reduces life and efficiency if kept above 110F . How am I suppose to use this light fixture in the sunbeam method without it getting super hot ? Should I change it to shade method where the light fixture is in the middle of the enclosure so it doesn’t get hot ?? Is the sunbeam method way better with T5 lighting ? Anyone used the Sunblaster in the sun beam way ?? Any help ? I tried uploading a pic but it wouldn’t let me for some reason.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
IMO, no it is not better than the T5 because the UVB "if any" from the sunblaster would be intensified in one area instead of being spread out across the viv (which is what you want). At those temps you are going to bake your dragon.
A basking bulb and a T5 in the proper position to each other is a safer way to go.

Argam1998

Original Poster
If the T5 is the middle of the enclosure wouldn’t tht be too much uvb exposure? I know they are smart with self regulation but then what’s the point of a sunbeam method if I can’t use the T5 with it ? T5 too strong for a sunbeam method way ?

Argam1998

Original Poster
Gormagon":1m9bpwda said:
IMO, no it is not better than the T5 because the UVB "if any" from the sunblaster would be intensified in one area instead of being spread out across the viv (which is what you want). At those temps you are going to bake your dragon.
A basking bulb and a T5 in the proper position to each other is a safer way to go.

How can I use the Sunblaster light fixture in the sunbeam method without it getting hot ? Or is it better to just go shade method ?

Argam1998

Original Poster
I just tested the Sunblaster fixture out of the enclosure and the metal part still gets above 130F . I think this is just the way the light works . The metal obviously absorbs more heat . I Also tested if there was any heat comming off the halogen that would hurt the uvb light fixture and there’s little to no heat reaching the light fixture .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom