Chien is obsessed with his uvb bulb?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanelic

Hatchling Member
Since chien is going through his hormonal stages (glass surfing, bobbing his head) he always tries to go near the uvb.. When I say near, I mean he CLIMBS it and does these weird push ups on it.

The uvb is 9inches away from his lamp... I don't understand why and how he does it..

(Now that i think about it, should this be in behavior?)

My girl is going through a similar thing, hormonal and just going crazy trying to get to the UV. I can’t say for certain why they do it but I think she might not be getting enough rays or the light is bothering her eyes (I have it positioned on the side). I think so long as he isn’t hurting himself he will be fine, that’s how I handle things with my beardie anyway. They do weird stuff all the time, best just to let them get on with it. However, you could always try moving the bulb or getting a stronger one. I can’t think of much else it could be. Hopefully it’s a phase that passes for both our beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom